Maple Granola with Cherries & Walnuts
Nothing tastes better than homemade granola! Note that this granola is quite sweet. If you prefer a less sweet granola, reduce the brown sugar and maple syrup by half.
- 2 cup(s) rolled oats (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cherries
- Optional to serve with Maple Granola with Cherries & Walnuts: plant-based milk, plant-based yogurt, fresh fruit or berries.
- Preheat the oven to 300F (150C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Place the brown sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract into a small pot and place over medium heat. Stir and melt the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the hot mixture over the oats and stir well until combined. Spread the oats out on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until golden. Stir twice throughout the cooking time to break the granola up a little. Remove the oven and let coo completely.
- Once cool, stir through the dried cherries. Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Dried cherry substitutes: raisins, dried blueberries, or craisins. Walnut substitutes: pecans, almonds, or pepitas.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 12 servings) | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 181IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan