Mango Tofu Curry
Sweet and savory, my kinda meal! I love this served on a bed of rice or quinoa. Serve alone or add some steamed broccoli on the side for some greens.
- 1 tablespoon(s) light oil (such as coconut or vegetable)
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger grated or minced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (optional for spice)
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm or firm tofu cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) Thai red curry paste (check to make sure it's vegan)
- 1 400ml can(s) full-fat coconut milk (1 2/3 cups)
- 3/4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 mango peeled and mashed or pureed
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic, ginger, onions, and red pepper flakes until fragrant, around 3-4 minutes. Add in the tofu and sauté for a further 5 minutes. Next, add in the red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring well until combined.
- Add in the coconut milk and vegetable broth, stir well, and bring to a simmer. Add in the mashed mango, soy sauce, lime juice, and bell peppers. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Taste the curry and adjust the seasoning by adding in more soy sauce, lime juice or red pepper flakes. Serve with cilantro, additional lime wedges on a bed of rice or quinoa.
Oil-free: To make oil-free omit the oil and instead do a water or broth saute.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 676mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2747IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 4mg