Lemon Quinoa Chickpea Salad
Loaded with veggies, chickpeas, and quinoa, this salad is easy to make, hearty and, super healthy! I love it served warm or cold. Great for a to-go lunch.
- 1 cup(s) quinoa uncooked
- 1 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 14oz can(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cucumber quartered & sliced
- 5 green onions sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 avocados sliced (optional)
- In a fine mesh sieve, rinse the quinoa under cold running water.
- Place the water, quinoa and garlic powder in a pot and bring to a boil, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and leave for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Pour the quinoa into a large bowl and add the chickpeas, carrot, cucumber, green onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice and red pepper flakes and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with avocado on the side if desired. This salad can be served warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 1099mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3933IU | Vitamin C: 110mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 5mg