Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Lemon and poppy seed are one of my most favorite combos in the muffin world. My vegan version is super-easy to whip up, and it makes for the most addictive muffin ever. I seriously can’t even have these in my house because I will eat them ALL.
Servings: large bakery style muffins or a dozen small muffins
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as oat or soy)
- 1/2 cup(s) light oil (canola or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lightly grease the wells of a muffin pan or fill it with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. It’s ok if there are lumps, just don’t overmix it. The batter will be quite thick.
- For large bakery-style muffins, fill 8–9 muffin cup right to the top with batter, then bake for 18 to 22 minutes until lightly golden on top, and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.For small muffins, divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups and bake for 15–20 minutes, until lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Make-ahead/ freeze: Let cool in the muffin tin then store on a plate covered by a clean dish towel for 2 to 3 days. This will keep them the best texture, but if you want to keep them longer, store them in a large sealable bag in the fridge for up to a week, or pop them in the freezer.
Serving: 1large muffin (recipe makes 9 large muffins) | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan