Indian-Inspired Cauliflower & Tofu Bowl
Enjoy a delightful combination of roasted cauliflower, chickpeas, and caramelized tofu, all tossed in fragrant spices and topped with a delectable curry dressing and crisp, sweet apple. Savor it as a standalone salad or as a flavorful rice bowl.
- 1 head(s) cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon(s) light oil (such as coconut or vegetable)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 14oz can(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm or firm tofu drained and cubed
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger minced or grated
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar or coconut sugar
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) cilantro chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 small apple diced
- 4 tablespoon(s) roasted cashews (omit for nut-free)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and salt & pepper to taste. Lay the cauliflower onto a baking sheet and place into the hot oven to roast for 20 minutes until golden. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, push the cauliflower to one side and add the chickpeas to the baking sheet. Place back into the oven for a further 5 minutes until the chickpeas have warmed through.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or non-stick pot over medium-high heat. Add the tofu to the pot along with salt and pepper. Sauté the tofu for 3-5 minutes, then flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Now add the ginger, garlic and brown sugar to the pot and sauté for 1-2 minutes until the tofu is well coated and golden. Remove from the heat.
- To make the dressing, place the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, curry powder and salt together in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Now gently mix the chickpeas, roasted cauliflower, caramelized tofu, and dressing in a large bowl. Add the chopped cilantro, green onions, apple and cashews, and toss to combine. Serve on rice, quinoa, or with naan.
Oil-free: omit the oil when roasting the cauliflower and instead use a non-stick pan or line it with parchment paper. Omit the oil when cooking the tofu and instead do a water or broth sauté. Omit the oil in the dressing and replace it with vegetable broth or aquafaba.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 524mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 152IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 5mg