Homemade Vegan Ramen Seasoning
You know those little seasoning packets that come with instant ramen noodles? Well, say goodbye to those mystery ingredients and hello to a healthier, homemade version. Just 7 ingredients and 5 minutes to make, and you have your own Homemade Vegan Ramen Seasoning. Cook some noodles, stir in the seasoning, and top with your favorite veggies and you've got yourself a comforting bowl of ramen that's worlds apart from the store-bought stuff.
Servings: (makes about 3/4 cup) 1 tablespoon of seasoning per serving
For the Homemade Vegan Ramen Seasoning:
- 5 tablespoon(s) vegetable broth powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) shiitake mushroom powder (optional but adds depth, see notes)
- 2 tablespoon(s) onion powder
- 4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt (reduce or omit as preferred)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne (optional for spicy ramen)
To Make Vegan Ramen:
- 1 serving (about 2.1oz/ 60g) dried ramen noodles
- small drizzle sesame oil (highly recommend)
- Toppings of choice such as: carrot, mushrooms, green onion, sesame seeds, bok choy, nori, tofu, seitan, shelled edamame, Thai basil, or corn kernels
To Make the Homemade Vegan Ramen Seasoning:
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl or jar. Stir or mix well. Store in an air-tight container in your pantry. It will keep fresh for a year or longer!
How to Use Ramen Seasoning:
- Bring 2 - 3 cups of water to a boil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add ramen noodles and cook according to the package instructions (usually about 3 minutes). Once cooked, stir in 1 tablespoon of your Homemade Vegan Ramen Seasoning, and stir to dissolve into the water.
- Pour the noodles and broth into a bowl, drizzle with a bit of sesame oil, and then top with your favorite vegetables and toppings.
Mushroom Powder: this is simply made from dried mushrooms that have been ground into a fine powder. It adds a delicious rich umami to the broth. I like to make my own by purchasing dried shiitake mushrooms and blending them in my blender or food processor until they are powdered. You can also buy shiitake mushroom powder online, in health food stores, or in international grocery stores.
Serving: 1 serving of the seasoning without noodles or vegetables(recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 1397mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.4mg