Green Pea and Mint Dip
This quick and easy dip is fresh and light and made using frozen peas (which is something I almost always have in my freezer). Perfect for a healthy snack or light lunch. Serve with pita triangles, chips, or veggies.
- 1 2/3 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 avocados
- 2-3 sprig(s) fresh mint leaves only
- Optional for green pea and mint dip: roasted pine nuts or slivered almonds for topping. Serve with vegetables, chips, crackers, or pita.
- Place frozen peas in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let them stand for a few minutes until defrosted, then drain and transfer to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Add in the garlic, lemon juice, avocado, mint leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add 1-2 tbsp. of cold water if the dip is too thick. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Serve as a dip with fresh vegetables, chips, crackers or pita.
Serving: 1serving of dip (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 521IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg