Glowing Green Hummus
A vibrant and nutritious twist on traditional hummus, featuring the vibrant green hues of green onions, spinach, cilantro, and zesty lime juice. This refreshing and flavorful dip offers a healthy and delicious way to elevate your snacking experience.
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 2 green onions roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro
- 1/2 cup(s) baby spinach
- 1 14oz can(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed, save the aquafaba (chickpea liquid)
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) aquafaba liquid from the chickpeas, plus more as needed
- optional for serving with hummus: crackers, pita triangles, or veggies for dipping
- Add the garlic, green onions, cilantro and spinach to the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Now add the chickpeas, lime juice, tahini, cumin, salt and aquafaba. Pulse for 30 seconds, then scrape down the sides, add a little more aquafaba if necessary, and pulse again until creamy.
- Store the hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 482mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 0.3g | Vitamin A: 388IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg