Garlic Zucchini and Tomato Pasta
A wonderful pasta to enjoy during the summer months when both zucchini and tomatoes are in season.
- 4 cup(s) penne or other short pasta (gluten-free if preffered)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 zucchinis grated, finely chopped, or spiralized
- 1 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan parmesan (optional, or sub nutritional yeast)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a pan and sauté the zucchini and tomatoes for 2 - 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well—season with smoked paprika and chili flakes.
- Divide between bowls and top with vegan parmesan cheese and parsley.
Serving: 1serving without vegan parmesan (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 623mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 945IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg