Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
Garlic Hasselback Potatoes are seasoned with garlic and rosemary, and then roasted golden brown, they are tender on the inside and lightly crisp on the outside. They make an impressive and tasty side dish!
Servings: 6 potatoes
- 6 russet potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan butter melted (or sub with more olive oil)
- 6 cloves(s) garlic minced or pressed (1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Use a sharp knife to cut thin slices about ¼-inch apart into a potato repeatedly working from one end to the other end, but not cutting all the way through the potato. You want to leave about ¼-inch of the potato intact along the bottom so that the slices hold together. It can be helpful to put two chopsticks on either side of the potato to stop you from cutting all the way through it, but be careful as this will only work in the middle of the potato where the bottom of the potato is touching the cutting board. For the ends, just go slow using a gentle sawing motion and make sure you don’t cut all the way through. Repeat with all the potatoes.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, melted vegan butter, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Brush half of the olive oil mixture and brush the potatoes with it and try to get it between the slices.
- Bake the potatoes uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and brush with the remaining garlic olive oil mixture getting it between the slices again. Bake for another 25 – 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender all the way through and golden brown on the outside. Serve with parsley for garnish. Leftover potatoes can be cooled and stored covered in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. Enjoy cold or you can reheat in the microwave, air fryer, or oven.
Serving: 1potato | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 181IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg