Garlic Butter Chickpea Pasta
This pasta is so simple AND so satisfying. Buttery noodles with a boatload of garlic and hearty chickpeas that bulk up the meal nicely. I almost always have these ingredients on hand, making it a great staple recipe for when you don’t want to make an extra trip to the grocery store. Out of parsley? Try subbing fresh basil, thyme, or rosemary for other fun flavor combos.
- 14 oz pasta of choice, (gluten-free if preferred)
- ¼ cup(s) vegan butter
- 1 19 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 8 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- ¾ teaspoon(s) salt
- ½ teaspoon(s) black pepper
- ½ - 1 cup(s) reserved pasta water
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of pasta water and set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chickpeas and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the garlic begins to brown and get crispy, and the chickpeas are heated through. Remove from the heat.
- Add the hot pasta, salt, pepper, and ½ cup of pasta water to the buttery chickpeas and toss well. If the pasta seems a little dry, add more pasta water, as needed. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Make ahead: Store cooled pasta in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 586kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 933mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 879IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 3mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan