Easy Vegan Pecan Pie
This Easy Vegan Pecan Pie is deliciously gooey, sticky, rich, nutty, and amazing! 9 simple ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen to make it completely plant-based and it can be made gluten-free too. I also add a splash of Bourbon and a dash of cinnamon to make this the best vegan pecan pie ever!
Servings: 9" pie (about 6 servings)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) pecan halves 1 1/2 cups chopped, 1 cup left whole (see step 3)
- 1 cup(s) corn syrup (light or dark)
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan butter melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) Bourbon (or substitute with water)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 9" vegan pie crust homemade or store-bought (gluten-free if preferred)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 9" (23cm) pie plate to help prevent sticking, then roll out your pie dough and line the pie plate. Try to ensure there are no cracks in the crust to help it from leaking. If you are using a store-bought frozen pie crust, allow it to thaw first. Do not pre-bake the crust.
- Roughly chop 1 1/2 cups of the pecans. Leave the remaining 1 cup of pecan halves whole.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, and cornstarch until there are no lumps. Now mix in the brown sugar, vegan butter, Bourbon, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans across the bottom of the pie crust, then pour over the filling mixture. Now use the remaining 1 cup of whole pecan halves to decorate the top of the pie. You can just randomly scatter them, or you can make a pattern, your choice!
- Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips, then bake for 50 - 55 minutes until it's bubbling and browned. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool at room temperature until completely cooled and set, about 6 hours or let cool then transfer it to the fridge to set overnight. Store the pecan pie in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 9 servings) | Calories: 591kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 6mg