Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 bowl, 9 ingredients, the best easy vegan chocolate chip muffin recipe is here! These muffins are tender, fluffy, sweet, loaded with chocolate chips, and so tasty no one will know they are vegan!
Servings: muffins or 9 larger muffins
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or oat)
- 1/2 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice or apple cider vinegar (makes the muffins fluffy, you will not taste it)
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Line 12 wells of a muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease the pan. For larger muffins line 8 -9 wells.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour in the plant-based milk, oil, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, and vanilla and gently stir to combine. Don't overmix, lumps are totally cool. Overmixing can result in the muffins not rising properly. Lastly add the chocolate chips and gently fold them in.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tin. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (If you are making 8 - 9 large muffins they may take an extra minute or two). Let cool in the pan. Store at room temperature for 3 - 4 days or frozen in an air-tight container.
Serving: 1muffin (recipe makes 12 muffins) | Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 2mg