Easy Creamy Edamame Dip
Just 8 simple ingredients and 10 minutes of your time, and you'll have a delicious dip that you'll want to make on repeat! Say hello to the incredible Easy Creamy Edamame Dip! Just dump the ingredients in a food processor and blend. That's it! This dip is so creamy, so flavorful, and so easy to whip up, it'll quickly become your go-to vegan dip recipe.
Servings: (makes about 3 cups of dip)
- 2 cup(s) frozen shelled edamame thawed
- 1 cup(s) frozen spinach thawed
- 6 tablespoon(s) olive oil (see notes for oil-free option)
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 - 1 jalapeño roughly chopped (optional for spice)
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Add the edamame, spinach, olive oil, lemon juice, jalapeno, garlic, salt, and pepper to your food processor. Jalapenos can range greatly in spice level, so I recommend starting with 1/4 of a jalapeno and adding more as desired. Blend until super creamy and as smooth as possible, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. I recommend blending for several minutes to make sure the olive oil emulsifies and the dip gets extra creamy. If your dip is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Serve the dip with your favorite dippers such as chips, pita chips, bread or veggies, or use it as a sandwich spread. Store covered in the fridge or you can freeze it.
Oil-free: to make oil-free, omit the olive oil, and instead add the flesh of one ripe avocado. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to reach the desired consistency. Thawing edamame and spinach: To quickly thaw the edamame and spinach I just pop them in the microwave for a few minutes.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.004g | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 358IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg