Curry Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
If you're not a fan of curry flavor feel free to skip the curry, these lettuce wraps will still taste great!
Servings: 2 - 4
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegan mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon(s) curry powder (plus more for garnish)
- ½ teaspoon(s) agave or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt (or to taste)
- ½ red pepper chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- ¼ cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped ( plus more for garnish)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- To a large bowl add the chickpeas, mayonnaise, curry powder, agave or maple syrup, cumin, and salt. Use a potato masher or fork to smash the chickpeas up and mix everything in. I like to leave some chickpeas whole to keep a variety of texture.
- Add the red pepper, onion, and cilantro, and stir into the chickpeas. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. Divide the chickpea filling among the lettuce leaves, and garnish with extra cilantro and a sprinkling of extra curry powder.
Oil-free: to make oil-free sub the vegan mayonnaise for vegan yogurt, or mashed avocado.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1190mg | Potassium: 700mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8223IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 5mg