Cranberry and Orange Bread
Bright and sweet, this bread is perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup(s) brown sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) applesauce
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange zest
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) frozen cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper or use a silicone loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and stir to combine. Add in the applesauce, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined. Gently mix through the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside on a wire rack to cool before slicing. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days, or keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 12 servings) | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.05g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.03g | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan