Coconut Ranch Kale Salad
With creamy avocado, hearty chickpeas, and roasted sweet potato, all tossed in a luscious coconut ranch dressing, this salad offers a harmonious balance of flavors and textures, perfect for a healthy and satisfying meal.
For the coconut ranch dressing:
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh chives chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 pinch(es) of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1 large sweet potato cut into 1⁄4 " (0.5cm) thick half moons
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 14oz can(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch(es) kale stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan parmesan (homemade or store-bought) (or sub nutritional yeast)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- To make the coconut ranch dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the coconut milk, mayonnaise, parsley, chives, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper, stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon of chili powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat in the seasoned oil, then spread the potato slices out on the baking sheet in an even layer. Place in the hot oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until tender.
- Dry the chickpeas with a paper towel and place on a small baking sheet. Place the chickpeas into the oven to bake until dried out and crisp, around 30 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are still warm, place in a medium bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1⁄2 teaspoon of chili powder. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the kale in a large bowl, add a large pinch of salt and massage the kale with your fingers, rubbing the salt in. Top the kale with the baked sweet potatoes, chickpeas, avocado and parmesan. Drizzle with coconut ranch dressing to serve.
For oil-free: simply omit the oil and sub with a splash of water or vegetable broth if needed. Substitute the vegan mayonnaise with plain plant-based yogurt or more coconut milk.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 841mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 15680IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 3mg