These bites are a tasty snack to have on hand. I like to make them and store them in my freezer for whenever I have a sweet tooth (but want something on the healthier side).
- 1 1⁄2 cup(s) shredded coconut (plus 3 more tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 cup(s) almond flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan vanilla protein powder (or sub with 2 tablespoons more almond flour and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 3 tablespoon(s) agave or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl, except for the additional 3 tablespoons of shredded coconut. Form the mixture into 20 balls the size of a walnut, and roll the balls in the remaining shredded coconut. If the balls are too dry and not holding together, add a bit more water 1 teaspoon at a time. If the balls are too wet, add 1 tablespoon more almond flour at a time.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or they freeze well.
Serving: 1 ball (recipe makes 20 balls) | Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 24mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.5mg