I love these for a warming breakfast or snack served over vegan yogurt, or for dessert served over vegan vanilla ice cream.
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 4 apples peeled, cored & sliced
- ½ cup(s) cold water
- 1 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon(s) powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Optional to serve with cinnamon apples: vanilla or plain vegan yogurt or vegan vanilla ice cream
- In a medium pot, heat the vegan butter over medium heat, add the sliced apples and sauté for 6 minutes.
- In a cup, mix together the cold water and cornstarch, and set aside.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla extract and cornstarch/water mixture to the apples, stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples are tender. Serve warm over vegan yogurt or vegan ice cream.
Serving: 1serving without yogurt or ice cream(recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 234IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.4mg