Chocolate Blender Pancakes (protein optional)
These chocolate-infused pancakes are the perfect morning treat! Whip up the batter in a blender in about 5 minutes. There is an option to add vegan protein powder for my athletic friends, but if protein powder isn't you thing, just substitute it for 3 tablespoons oats.
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as oat or soy)
- 1 cup(s) oats (old fashioned, 1-minute oats, or instant) (gluten-free if needed)
- ½ medium banana
- 3 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan chocolate protein powder (or sub 3 tablespoons more oats)
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground chia or ground flax ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegan butter melted (or sub a light oil such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- To a blender add 1 1/4 cup plant-based milk, oats, banana, cocoa powder, protein powder (or additional oats), maple syrup, chia or flax, vegan butter, and baking powder. Blender well until completely smooth and you reach a pancake batter consistency. If your batter is too thick, add up to 1/4 cup more plant-based milk as needed to thin to the correct consistency. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat. Grease the pan with a little oil. Spoon in a little of the pancake batter and cook the pancakes until they start to bubble on one side. Flip the pancake over and cook for a further minute on the second side or until cooked through. Repeat this process for all the pancakes. Serve with extra maple syrup, slices of the leftover banana half, and walnuts for garnish if desired.
Make-ahead/freezer: allow the pancakes to cool then store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or you can freeze them.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 3mg