- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz spinach
- 1 avocados sliced
- In a medium bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher or fork leaving some whole. Mix in the turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mashed chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes, to heat through. Return the chickpeas to the bowl and set them aside. Using the same pan wilt the spinach, adding a tablespoon of water. Once ready, divide the spinach between 4 bowls, top with the hot chickpeas, and serve with avocado
Make ahead: the chickpea scramble can be made ahead of time and stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. The spinach and avocado should be prepared fresh. Oil-free: for oil-free, omit the oil and instead do a water or broth sauté.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 982mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5431IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 6mg