Classic bruschetta but with an added twist of smashed chickpeas! This recipe makes just two servings but feel free to double the recipe to make as many toasts as you like.
- 1 cup(s) chickpeas drianed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon(s) tahini
- 1 teaspoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 2 slice(s) crusty bread toasted (gluten-free if preferred)
- Place the chickpeas in a small bowl with the balsamic vinegar and tahini. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then mash the chickpeas with a fork.
- In another small bowl, gently mix together the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and season with more salt and pepper.
- Spread the toast slices with the chickpea mash. Top with the tomato mixture and serve fresh.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 2 servings) | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg