Broccoli Pasta with Fresh Pesto
One of my favorite ways to get my greens in is with this delicious pasta!
- 6 tablespoon(s) vegan pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 head(s) broccoli separated into florets
- salt & pepper
- 9 oz pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup(s) sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1/2 lemon cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil chopped
- Make the pesto following this recipe or use a store-bought vegan pesto.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly grease a large baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Arrange the broccoli florets on the baking tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for about 10 minutes until the broccoli is tender all the way through when pierced with a fork.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. Reserve some of the cooking water before draining the pasta.
- Add the sunflower and sesame seeds to a large dry pan or skillet (no oil) and put it over medium-high heat. Roast the seeds for a few minutes until golden, and keep a close eye so they don't burn. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once the pasta has cooked add it back to the pot, mix in the seeds, broccoli, and pesto. If the pasta is a little dry, add a splash of the cooking water as needed. Add more pesto to taste if desired. Season with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges and fresh basil leaves.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 718mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1064IU | Vitamin C: 143mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 3mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan