Breakfast Potatoes & Tomatoes
If you are a fan of a savory breakfast, you will love these potatoes and tomatoes. This makes 4 servings as a light breakfast with a side of fruit, or 2 heartier servings.
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 medium Yukon gold or russet potatoes washed, cubed
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 7 oz firm tofu crumbled
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a non-stick pot over a low-medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Now add in the onion, crumbled tofu, cumin, oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a second pot, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat. Fry the tomatoes for 5 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the potatoes alongside the cooked tomatoes.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 809mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 208IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 3mg