Spelt Banana Nut Muffins
The muffins can be made ahead of time and then enjoyed all week long. The perfect on-the-go morning snack.
- 2 banana(s) ripe, mashed
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) almond butter (sub any nut or seed butter of choice if preferred)
- 1/2 cup(s) spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts or almonds roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 355F (180C) and line the wells of a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Add the mashed banana, maple syrup, and almond butter to a large bowl and mix well. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Divide the batter between the 6 muffin cups. Top each one with the chopped walnuts or almonds.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes in the middle of the oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and cool completely before serving.
To make nut-free: sub the almond butter for a seed butter or wowbutter. Sub the chopped nuts for sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
Serving: 1muffin (recipe makes 6 muffins) | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg