Almond and Peach Cake
The perfect sweet treat to make when peaches are in season!
- 1/2 cup(s) peach vegan yogurt (or sub plain vegan yogurt if you can't find peach)
- 1/4 cup(s) almond butter
- 1/2 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as oat or soy)
- 1/2 cup(s) agave or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) almond meal
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon(s) powdered ginger
- 2 peaches cut into 8 segments each
- Preheat the oven to 355F (180C) and grease a 9" cake tin or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter and yogurt until smooth, then gradually add in the plant-based milk and maple syrup or agave. Finally, mix in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing it well with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the cake tin, and place the peach segments on top. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Glaze the top with the remaining 2 tbsp. of maple syrup and let it cool down completely before serving.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 12 servings) | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 121IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 2mg