Sun-dried Tomato Hummus
Take your hummus to the next level with this sun-dried tomato hummus! I love the rich tomato flavour and beautiful colour of this humms.
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes (the jarred kind in oil) plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lemons juiced
- 2 tablespoon(s) leftover oil from sun-dried tomato jar (use olive oil if you don't have enough)
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 - 4 tablespoon(s) water
- To serve with hummus: baby carrots, cucumber slices, crackers, or pita triangles
Add the chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, garlic, and salt into a food processor and blend until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
Check for texture and consistency and add 1 tablespoon of water at a time as needed to reach desired creaminess. Top with extra sun-dried tomatoes for garnish, and serve with veggies, crackers, or pita triangles.
Oil-free: to make oil-free, sub the sun-dried tomatoes in oil, for the air-packed sun-dried tomatoes. Rehydrate the sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes to soften before using. Replace the oil in the hummus with 2 tablespoons of leftover water from rehydrating the sun-dried tomatoes, or vegetable broth, or white wine.
Make ahead: store the hummus in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1serving without veggies or crackers | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 648mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 5mg