Creamy Chipotle Lime Bean Salad
This flavor-packed vegan dish takes just 15 minutes to make and can be made ahead of time.
For the dressing:
- 4 1/2 tablespoon(s) vegan mayonnaise
- 4 1/2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) agave
- 1 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (sub roasted red pepper for mild version)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
For the Bean Salad:
- 1 19oz can(s) black beans (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1 19oz can(s) kidney beans (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1 19oz can(s) white kidney or cannellini beans, (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 2 cup(s) corn kernels fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 handful(s) fresh cilantro
- 1/4 red onion (about 1/2 cup), chopped
To make the dressing, add all of the dressing ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you do not have a blender, finely mince the chipotle, and then whisk everything together in a small bowl. Set aside
To make the bean salad: all of the bean salad ingredients to a very large bowl. Drizzle over the salad dressing, start by adding half of the dressing, and then adding more to taste if needed. Toss well to combine.
Make-ahead: If making ahead of time, cover and store in the fridge for 1 - 2 days, and toss well before serving as the dressing will settle to the bottom.
Oil-free: to make oil-free replace the vegan mayonnaise with vegan yogurt.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 10 servings) | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 831IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 4mg